The second album from Taake, ‘Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik (Heaven Cries over Bjoergvin)’, was released in 2002. As with the 1999 debut, ‘Nattestid…’, songs were sung in old Norwegian. The album was again recorded at Grieghallen Studios (Immortal, Mayhem, Gorgoroth) with Pytten, with Hoest bringing in a full band for the recording
In 1993, Ørjan Stedjeberg, now known as Ulvhedin Høst (often spelt Hoest), formed the first version of the band Taake under the name Thule, together with Svartulv, who was only twelve years old at the time. Thule released two demos; "Der Vinterstormene Raste" 1993 and "Omfavnet Av Svarte Vinger (Embraced By Black Wings)" 1994. Somewhere between the release of the latter demo and "Manndaudsvinter" in 1995, the band transformed from Thule to Taake which was more representative of the band and the area where Høst was from; the mountains of Bergen, Norway. Shortly after this release a 7" EP was released in 1996 called "Koldbrann i Jesu Marg," which would be the last demo recording that Taake would release.
The first full-length album "Nattestid Ser Porten Vid (Night Sees the Wide Gate)" was released by Wounded Love Records in 1999. The album was written entirely by Høst but he brought in a session musician, Tundra to perform bass and drums. It was recorded throughout 1997 and 1998 at Grieghallen. "Nattestid..." is part I of a trilogy, all the writing on the CD and lyrics in the booklet are written in runes. All of the lyics are sung in Norwegian. This album is now considered a classic.
The second installment of the trilogy "Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik (Heaven Cries over Bergen)" was released in 2002. Again a seven song concept album, the theme for "...Bjoergvin..." is death (Bjoergvin is the former name of Bergen). On this record, Hoest surrounded himself with a band for the record: C. Corax on Guitars, Keridwen on bass, and Mutt (Gaahlskagg, Trelldom, Sigfader) on drums.READ MORE
- 14/06, Brighton Music Hall - Allston, MA, US
- 15/06, Théatre Plaza - Montreal, QC, Canada
- 16/06, Hard Luck Bar - Toronto, ON, Canada
- 17/06, The Loft - Lansing, MI, US
- 18/06, The Foundry (hifi) - Lakewood, OH, US
- 19/06, Altar Bar - Pittsburgh, PA, US
- 20/06, Cobra Lounge - Chicago, IL, US
- 21/06, The Riot Room - Kansas City, MO, US
- 22/06, Fubar - St Louis, MO, US
- 23/06, The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA, US
- 25/06, Metro Gallery - Baltimore, MD, US
- 26/06, Saint Vitus - Brooklyn, NY, US
- 25/07, Unknown venue - Steenwijk, Netherlands
- 06/08, Stonehenge Rock Bar - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- 12/08, Rockstadt - Braşov, Romania
Taake’s classic albums of true Norwegian black metal, ‘Nattestid...’ & ‘...Bjoergvin...', will be released on 180gm vinyl on 15th July & 12th August respectively. Pre-order HERE ...